With its unique shape and many beautiful color options, tile can add impressive curb appeal to your home. It is also one of the oldest roofing materials known to man, having been in use for thousands of years. Early roof tiles were commonly made of clay and slate, materials that were readily available in many parts of the world. Modern roofing tile is made of clay or concrete.
Benefits of Tile Roofing
- Durability. While the installation cost of tile runs higher than shingles or shakes, it has a much longer lifespan. Concrete tile can be expected to last 50 years, while quality clay tile can perform well for over a century. Such a long service life saves on the cost of material and labor several times over.
- Versatility. Roof tiles come in a wide array of styles and colors, ranging from bright Spanish red to rustic grey slate. XteriorPRO can assist you in choosing the color that will best accent your home’s architectural theme.
- Colorfastness. Concrete and clay roof tiles feature color pigmentation that extends through the material, finished with a dense color glaze. While clay tiles tend to hold their color better than concrete, both materials offer significant curb appeal over other St. Louis roofing materials.
- Efficiency. The insulative value of tile cuts down on the direct heat transfer permitted by other roofing materials. This results in lower air conditioning costs in the summer, and reduced heating costs and ice dams in the winter.
- Fire resistance. Tile is non-combustible and offers tremendous protection against fire hazards. In areas prone to wildfires, this material can give homeowners great peace of mind and may qualify you for a discount on homeowner’s insurance.
Call for a FREE Estimate on Tile Roofing in St. Louis
A tile roof will not only add to the beauty of your home, it will also add to its resale value. For more information about tile roofing and its benefits, and to schedule a free estimate for installation of this roofing material, call XteriorPRO at (636) 200-6600 today. We look forward to serving you.