Before selecting a Clayton roofing contractor for your next project, take the time to speak with a few different contractors. A pre-agreement interview can give you a lot of insight, helping you to make an informed decision. When it comes time to meet with a potential contractor, here are some important questions to ask.
- “Are you licensed?” When hiring a roofing contractor, licensing is essential. Ask for Clayton licensing information in person, but also don’t be afraid to ask for proof. You may also want to find out about bonding capacity and the percentage of construction cost. This information can give you valuable information about the history and credentials of a potential contractor.
- “What is your experience?” Experience can provide a contractor with invaluable education and skills. Ask for specific examples of experience, showing competency and understanding in the specific type of work you need done.
- “What is your current workload?” A fully scheduled workload can demonstrate that a roofing contractor is highly sought-after by the community, often a sign of high quality. On the other hand, an overly busy workload may tell you that he or she will not have adequate time to devote to your project. Workload can be a good place to start getting a feel for the contractor and the expected date of completion.
- “What is your proposal for this project?” As you speak with a Clayton roofing contractor about your current needs, ask for a plan of action. This may best occur during an estimate or inspection, when the contractor has had a chance to thoroughly examine the roofing needs. Try to find out key details, such as the types of materials that will be used and how the insulation will be installed.
- “Is there a warranty and what will it cover?” Before you sign anything, make sure that you fully understand all the details surrounding a warranty. Read the warranty information thoroughly so that there are no surprises later on.
Your Vision, Our Mission – Call for a Free Estimate in Clayton
XteriorPRO of St. Louis would be pleased to answer any questions you have and provide you with a no-obligation estimate for roofing, siding, windows and more. We want to be your Clayton contractor of choice! Call (636) 939-4800 to schedule a FREE consultation today.
Recent Jobs in Clayton, MO
Reviews | Testimonials | Checkins: Affton | Ballwin | Chesterfield | Clayton | Creve Coeur | Florissant | Frontenac | Kirkwood | Ladue | Lake St. Louis | Maryland Heights | O’Fallon | St. Charles | St. Louis | St. Peters | Town & Country | University City | Webster Groves | Weldon Spring | Wentzville | Wildwood
Met with a homeowner to discuss her siding project and interest in James Hardie
New installation job using the LP Smartside Engineered wood siding material with a 50 year warranty. Another satisfied XteriorPRO customer!
Just finished a production consultation for some LP smart siding and trim. Another xteriorpro job coming soon