Aluminum siding gained popularity in the mid-twentieth century as a low-maintenance alternative to wood. It is an attractive cladding option due to its cost, durability and resistance to moisture and insects. Before deciding between various St. Louis siding choices, it’s a good idea to learn about the benefits of aluminum.
Benefits of Aluminum Siding
- Low maintenance. Aluminum requires less maintenance than wood or vinyl because it will not rot or attract pests like wood, and it will not rust like steel.
- Long life. If cared for properly, aluminum siding can last 40 years or longer.
- Durable finish. Aluminum siding comes in many prefinished colors with an enamel coating baked onto the surface. This coating can be smooth, textured or embossed to imitate wood and other surfaces.
- Easy installation. Due to its light weight, aluminum is easy to handle and install.
- Recyclable. Aluminum is considered an environmentally-friendly product because it is a naturally occurring element. Siding products may contain up to 30% recycled content and may also be recycled after removal.
- Cost. Aluminum is easily installed by a professional and labor costs are low. Vinyl-coated and plastic-coated aluminum products run more than standard aluminum siding.
One of the downsides of aluminum is its tendency to scratch and dent easily. Scratches show more easily in aluminum because the finish color is only applied to the surface, whereas vinyl’s color extends through the material. Scratches in aluminum should be touched up with a quality, color-matched house paint.
Your Satisfaction Guaranteed – Call for a FREE Siding Estimate
XteriorPRO technicians are highly experienced with all types of siding and devoted to keeping our customers satisfied. Call us today at (636) 200-6600 to schedule your free, no-obligation estimate for Ballwin, Chesterfield or any St. Louis-area community.