Fiberglass windows can be an excellent purchase as they offer many advantages over other types of windows. Fiberglass is produced when glass fibers are pultruded, or pulled, through resin and then shaped through a die or a mold to create a finished piece that will not expand or contract with changes in temperature. Until recently, it was not possible for fiberglass manufacturers to produce the complex profiles required for window designs. New innovations have made fiberglass an attractive option for window frames that will not warp, rot, crack, bow or shrink.
Benefits of Fiberglass Windows
- Low maintenance. Fiberglass windows will not peel, fade or lose their color. Veneers allow them to replicate the look and feel of wood, yet they do not require painting. However, the material can be painted if you prefer to change colors.
- Energy efficiency. Fiberglass is naturally insulating because it is does not conduct heat or cold and will not expand or contract. Enjoy an increase in thermal performance and lower energy bills.
- Design flexibility. Fiberglass can be cut into nearly any shape, which gives it excellent flexibility in terms of design. Its exceptional strength makes it an ideal choice for larger units and unique window sizes.
- Ease of installation. Fiberglass has the highest resistance to warping and twisting, so windows remain square and plumb during the installation process.
- Noise reduction. Due to their tight seals, fiberglass frames offer high resistance to sound transmission, keeping interior noise to a minimum.
Typically more expensive than windows made out of vinyl or aluminum, fiberglass windows can be a better value over time because their durability and long life enable them to hold their value for years.
Get a FREE Estimate on Fiberglass Replacement Windows
Replacing or repairing your windows can be a major decision. If you are considering a window project, you can count on XteriorPRO of St. Louis to provide high-quality products and services. We also specialize in top-quality Kirkwood roofing, siding, door and gutter guard installation. We invite you to call (636) 200-6600 to schedule a free consultation today.